Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Mental Health Freak


These last few weeks have been difficult and challenging. I sometimes feel that I'm alone but that’s not the case at all. I have people  that love and care for me. Yet I’m constant war with my mind. To the point that I start to make it my own story and I start to believe it. Because of this it have damaged some relationships with those around me. I’m truly sorry for that. 



I have started seeking therapy 2-3 times a week. It has been helpful when it comes to getting my feelings out sometime. I still struggle with that but this is a focus of my therapy plan. Trust me when I say that it has not been easy. 



I’m sharing because as a gay black man, we are told at a very young age that black man don’t talk about these things. We were taught to swallow it up or pray about it and move on with life. I’m here to tell you that it’s ok to seek help and to have a support group. 




If you’re interested in seeking help, Howard Brown Health (Chicagoland Area) offers services and a sliding scale for those without insurance. They will still see you regardless of your ability to pay. As well as Psychology Today (Worldwide) or The National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network (West Coast)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey thank you for taking the time to comment back. I look forward to reading what you have to share.