Monday, August 5, 2019

The Ugly Truth Of A Freak....


 
We as human beings are offered two choices; tell the truth or lie. We’re taught that telling the truth is the honest and best way to go through life. But often times we ignore this and lie--in hopes that we could protect others from the impact of the truth. For example I was asked a question earlier last week, I chose to lie because, in my own way, I thought that I was protecting the person that asked the question, from the impact that the truth would have on them. I assumed that by being honest I would hurt them more. Over the weekend, I learned that ‘white lies’ caused greater disappointment with just seeing the look they had in their eyes. My actions cannot be justified nor am I wanting to try (well, not any more). By learning from this experience, I see that I need to be honest and truthful with others at all times. Most importantly I need to be honest and truthful with myself. How can I preach about living my truth when I can’t even be honest? The face of disappointment is something that I never want to see on anyone I care about again. But then again these are only words. There has to be action to back up my words.
 Honesty refers to the quality of being truthful and sincere whereas truthfulness refers to the quality of telling the truth.
"One of the most striking differences between a cat and a lie is that a cat has only nine lives." 
Mark Twain 


1 comment:

  1. You can never go wrong with being honest. Because at the end of the day, you will have to live with the choice of lying. Yeah the truth may hurt, but they will respect you more for being honest! ��

    ReplyDelete

Hey thank you for taking the time to comment back. I look forward to reading what you have to share.